I was having issues with one of my Windows 7 operating systems. I kept having the annoying error message pop up on my screen~~”JScript Compilation Error~Syntax Error”. This solution usually repairs the problem.
“The issue here is likely to be the proxy script if using a network and proxy server.
Here’s what you can try:
1. Close all open instances of IE (Internet Explorer).
2. Go to Start >Control Panel
3. Go to “Internet Options“.
4. Select the Connections tab and then click the “LAN settings” button.
5. At the top section of this screen are two settings – “Automatically detect settings” and “Use automatic configuration script”.
6. Uncheck the “Use automatic configuration script” option.
7. Click OK on both of the open dialog boxes until you are back at Control Panel.
Fire up IE and now try your problem website again.
Hopefully it should work without the JScript error.”
Shinmila H – Microsoft Support